Fine Lines are only as deep as the outermost layer of skin. These lines go unnoticed in our twenties or early thirties and finally, wrinkles form when fine lines are not treated in their initial stages.
Wrinkles are nothing but folds in the skin, also called as rhytides. As we age, our skin produces lesser amounts of collagen and elastin proteins. This results in a thinner layer of the skin. As the strength of the skin reduces, it succumbs to damage very quickly and easily.
How and why do wrinkles form on the skin?
A healthy skin contains an extensive amount of collagen (for skin firmness), elastin (for skin elasticity), and glycosaminoglycan (for skin hydration). Wrinkle formation is a combination of intrinsic aging and extrinsic aging-
Intrinsic aging is inevitable. After the age of 20, the production of collagen is reduced by 1% every year. Also, aging results in reduced functioning of sweat and oil glands, less elastin production, and less GAG formation.
Extrinsic Aging factors are mainly sun and environmental damage (like tobacco usage and pollution). In such cases, the outer layer thickens up and also causes precancerous changes such as lesions called actinic keratosis, skin cancer (including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, lentigo meligna melanoma), formation of freckles and sun-spots, and enormous loss of collagen, elastin and GAGs.
Treatment tips and methods that improve skin tightening and help reduce wrinkles on the forehead
Making deliberate proactive lifestyle changes can help in preventing premature skin aging. Some of the below-mentioned tips can help in reducing the signs of aging and reducing wrinkles.Be conscious of exposure to direct sun
Extra-long exposure to the ultraviolet rays from the sun contributes to premature aging and wrinkle formation. Using SPF 15 or higher sunscreen reduces such effects to a large extent.Stress management
Forehead wrinkles are easily formed when worry creates wrinkling of brows. Make use of some stress busters, such as meditation, yoga, breathing, aromatherapy, eating healthy food, adequate sleep, talking to a therapist, journaling, and daily exercises, to keep the stress under control.Good hydration levels
Drinking water up to 8-ounce glass per day helps in considerably reducing the forehead wrinkles. Make sure to drink extra water, when out in the sun for long hours or when exercising.Healthy food intake
A balanced diet containing all the vitamins- vitamin c and linoleic acid (an omega 3 fatty acid) makes sure that the skin is compact and well maintained. Good food intake without excessive binging helps keep the fat content under check and hence doesn’t induce sagging of skin.No smoking
As per a research conducted in 2008, chemicals in tobacco reduce collagen production and damage skin elasticity, which leads to premature aging and wrinkles. Additionally, smoking can increase the risk of lung cancer, emphysema, and heart diseases.
- Products with retinol
- A byproduct known as tretinoin comes from retinol, which is a milder form of the prescribed vitamin A. It has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration to treat acne and wrinkles. Retinol is known to improve skin cell turnover and also supports collagen production.
- Exfoliating products with glycolic acid.
- Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid used in many chemical peels. Be sure to wear sunscreen after using glycolic acid products, as it is sun sensitive.
- Skin primer acts in the same way as the primer paint does. It will mainly cover up the wrinkles and give a wrinkle-free appearance to the face.
- Radiofrequency and phototherapy
- Radiofrequency therapy is a non-surgical aesthetic technique that uses RF energy to heat the skin, and to stimulate the cutaneous collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. The technique induces tissue remodeling, hence providing a safer alternative to face lifting and other cosmetic surgeries.
- Botox injections are the last resolution to rid wrinkles from the forehead. However, one needs to be well aware of its side effects, apart from the heavy price the treatment demands. The side effects can be in the form of pain, swelling, headache, bruising at the injection site, flu-like symptoms, and dry eye.
Evenskyn Lumo can be your best choice to get rid of wrinkles on the forehead?
Picture credits: https://www.evenskyn.com/products/skin-tightening-machine
Evenskyn Lumo is an innovative device that uses advanced massage technologies including Radiofrequency (RF), Photorejuvenation, and EMS for removing wrinkles and other signs of aging. Radiofrequency produces radio waves that warm up the dermis up to 40-degree Celsius which results in the formation of new collagen. Lumo has been proven to be very effective in reducing the effects of aging, wrinkles and frown lines.
The cutting-edge technology of the device makes handling hassle-free and produces immediate effects, as quickly as 3 uses. Successive once a week treatment with Lumo will give results that are visibly seen in all treatments invariably, such as:
- Anti-Aging and Collagen stimulation
- Face Lifting and Skin Tightening
- LED Light Therapy
Evenskyn Lumo offers its unique operational functionalities under 5 distinctive levels/Modes, which consider different ages, frequency of usage, the duration the device is used for, and the comfort level of the user. The various modes offered by device include Photon, Ion, ENI+Photon, EMS+Photon, Cool+Photon